Dr. Alain Peeters
Rue Warichet 4 Box 202
Phone (2): /
1.Capturing innovations and novel ideas of farmers. Work package 2 acts as a scanner to capture innovative tools, machines,equipment, practices and systems developed on farms. Farmer’s expectations and needs with respect to grasslands will also be identified. This will be done by:
- A)a survey of a large group of farmers which are potential innovators in their respective countries,
- B) a 3-year monitoring of a number of outstanding innovative farms (= case studies).
2. Collecting additional ideas through online communities as Google discussion groups, Facebook sites and national and international online networking groups.
3. Interpreting and synthesis; this is an organisational process led by Facilitator Agents being either agronomists, technicians or scientists, in which farmers have a significant role in translating the information for practical use.
4. Spreading knowledge capital.
The results represent an organised knowledge that will be consolidated through discussion with research and practise (WP3), and published on the Information Management System (IMS) of WP4 as practice abstracts according to the recommendations of the EU and videos in English (mainly for farm advisors) and more extensively on the Wikimedia site or existing national channels in the local language (mainly for farmers) andactively disseminated in WP5 in training programmes.